X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumble Ponies - Spending 5 Mil + to Improve Ballpark

Plethora of Upgrades Sliding in to NYSEG Stadium,
    Rumble Ponies Extend Stay in Binghamton

BINGHAMTON (WBNG) — A multi-million dollar project to improve the Binghamton Rumble Ponies home game experience is being coupled with an extended commitment to the City of Binghamton.

Team, local, and state officials announced Monday the stadium will undergo a $5.1 million upgrade.

New seats, structural and critical upgrades, energy-efficient HVA equipment, turf replacement, water systems enhancements, new video boards, a new sound system, renovated dugouts, renovated clubhouse, and new netting around the field are among the improvements on the way.

Officials noted the seats currently in the stadium have not been replaced in 25 years.

Additionally, the team announced it has expanded its commitment to the City of Binghamton for another five years, until 2026, and are beginning the process of figuring out a long-term solution to keep the team in Binghamton past 2026.

The New York Mets have also expanded its player development with the Rumble Ponies for additional two years.

The renovation process begins on Tuesday, with improvements expected to be complete by opening day.

https://twitter.com/RumblePoniesBB/status/

Drew's Sig

nice - lock up that NY market!

and that seems like a heck of a lot to get for 5M... I need that contractor!

Comment

• Drucifer
      Drucifer commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, the price of LED video has hit rock bottom this year.

• NY FANG
      NY FANG commented
      Editing a comment
      seriously!* I got a new 32 inch TV for under $50!

I attended Binghamton University and went to a handful of games while I was there. These upgrades are necessary!

Comment

Abdelazim Criticizes Binghamton Mayor’s Stadium Deal

Bob Joseph, WNBF

20 Nov 2018

The candidate who challenged Binghamton Mayor Richard David in last year's election is criticizing the handling of the baseball stadium improvement project.

Tarik Abdelazim, the Democrat who ran against David a year ago, is faulting the mayor for moving to seek fast approval of $2.5 million in city funding for the NYSEG Stadium renovations.

Abdelazim called WNBF Radio's Binghamton Now Tuesday morning to express concern about that lack of community debate about the use of city money. A $2.5 million state grant and $100,000 from the Binghamton Rumble Ponies ownership also will be utilized for the planned improvements.

Abdelazim said a plan of "this magnitude deserves a much more honest and robust and open discussion" with residents. He noted a special city council meeting to enable lawmakers to act on legislation related to the project was held barely 48 hours after the plans were made public.

Mayor David Tuesday afternoon said the sole reason for the quick action by council was to ensure the work at the stadium can be completed by opening day in April.

David, a Republican, pointed out the stadium improvement legislation received bipartisan support with both council Democrats voting for it.

Drew's Sig

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmetsfan View Post
        I attended Binghamton University and went to a handful of games while I was there. These upgrades are necessary!
        I haven't been since Sleepaway Camp... so figure somewhere around 22-25 years ago? And it needed upgrades then!

Comment

Working...
        X