X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Logo - Reliever of the Month

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/
    Drew's Sig

watching Lugo last night in the 9th inning, and I think that almost all of his pitches were consistently around knee high to RH'd bats...He just kept it low, and moved it to different locations...most RH'd hitters aren't going to do very much with 96 mph with movement at the knees...he's like a machine at the moment

Comment

• saxon
      saxon commented
      Editing a comment
      funny thing about watching him pitch; when he first came up all you heard about was his "spin rate" in his curveballs...I'm not seeing a lot of curveballs from him at the moment, mostly hard sinkers

Originally posted by saxon View Post
    watching Lugo last night in the 9th inning, and I think that almost all of his pitches were consistently around knee high to RH'd bats...He just kept it low, and moved it to different locations...most RH'd hitters aren't going to do very much with 96 mph with movement at the knees...he's like a machine at the moment
    took him 5 batter to uncork his first curve last night, and it bounced well before the plate...

Comment

BTW - why is there a wheelchair in the lugo thread title? what am I missing?

Comment

• saxon
        saxon commented
        Editing a comment
        Dru's eyes are starting to go and he thought that it was the Rolaids Fireman of the year award helmet emoji?

Lugo has been the most consistent arm in the pen from day one this year.

My only concern is that he gets totally burned out from overuse...

Comment

kind of funny (odd, not ha ha)...the doctors recommended Tommy John surgery for both Lugo and Tanaka (Yankees) a few years ago...both decided against it...and both have been the most dependable pitchers on their staffs

Comment

Seth Lugo is slowly becoming the 2019 version of the 1985-1986 Roger McDowell....not the closer, but still the most important 1-2 inning pitcher in the bullpen...not an overpowering fastball, but still an extremely effective end of the game pitcher...throws whatever inning(s) that his manager asks, and can be used for a 2 inning save when he's a better matchup than the closer...

McDowell '85-'86: 2.93 ERA; 1.151 WHIP; 2.8 Walks/9; 0.5 HR/9; 1.86 Innings/outing;
          Lugo '18-'19: 2.66 ERA; 1.019 WHIP; 2.3 Wallks/9; 0.9 HR/9; 1.61 Innings/outing;

McDowell unseated the sporadic Doug Sisk as the #2 guy in the bullpen;
          Lugo unseated the sporadic Jeurys Familia as the #2 guy in the bullpen;

Comment

Working...
          X