• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Bruce - Bat is a No Show

Drew's Sig

Bruce can't handle NYC...

Comment

...in even years...he's fine in NYC in odd years though,,,kind of like Bret Saberhagen's odd/even year splits

Comment

Originally posted by saxon View Post
        Bruce can't handle NYC...
        Lol, sorry Saxon for my reaction, but really.

Sept 1, 2016 until traded Aug 9 2017 he hit .257/.327/.519/.842 with 35 Hrs.-88 RBI in 532 PA. Yep there was that first month of Aug .183/.262/.290/.532 in 103 PA.

This season is also split; Apr. .250/.327/.409/.736 in 98 PA and then May .211/.283/.300/.583.

I'd put the cause on plantar fasciitis, which has bothered him all season although he has played 51 of 54 games.

Comment

you didn't see that it was a 2 part post (part 1 was mocking the "he can't handle NYC" hysteria when we traded for him)

Comment

Drew's Sig

Comment

He's got plantar faciitis, he needs to sit until that is under control.

DL him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Stark View Post
                He's got plantar faciitis, he needs to sit until that is under control.

DL him.
                I'm guessing he is DL'd as soon as Cespedes is back.

Comment

Drew's Sig

Comment

Looks to me like Jay is starting to take his batting slump into the field.

As soon as Ces gets back, send him to the DL, even if for nothing more than a mental break.

Comment

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it said; "Jay Bruce - bat is slow"; which is what has gone through my mind often as I watch him bat.

Comment

Jay...

https://giphy.com/gifs/captainobviou...jPrVfRT0Nze3o4

Comment

Drew's Sig

Comment

The best thing for him would be rest. That's the only way to treat faciitis.

Of course, that would mean that once again, Jose would sneak through for a while longer since Bruce's spot would be open with a DL stint, so there's that negative.

Comment

You make that sound like you suspect Jose of putting salt in the wounds of his teammates?
                              Drew's Sig

Comment

Working...
                              X