Catchers - Travis d'Arnaud, Devin Mesoraco, Tomas Nido & Kevin Plawecki

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catchers - Travis d'Arnaud, Devin Mesoraco, Tomas Nido & Kevin Plawecki

Lobaton returns so that Plawecki can play first base...

Comment

Drew's Sig

Comment

I've never understood how to do that add a tweet thing....thanks for fixing it...but an explanation of how to do it, might save you some work in the long run

Comment

https://www.metsglobal.org/forum/gen...o-post-a-tweet
          Last edited by abat; 02-Jun-2018, 04:38 AM.

Comment

No thread dedicated to Mesoraco or for that matter any other Catcher. Did some number hunting today based up on a comment on another thread. What I am presenting is a graph comparing the FIP of the top 5 pitchers in starts with their catcher, each box will show the FIP and the number of time's the battery worked together. I included T d'A, Lobaton and Nido, but their numbers, is some cases are skewed by the SSS. Why FIP? FIP eliminates the static of defense and uses a weighted measure for BAbip. It bases the outcome on BB, HBP, Ks and Hrs, those thing a pitcher can control.
            PLAYER Travis d'Arnaud Jose Lobaton Devin Mesoraco Tomas Nido Kevin Plawecki
            Jacob deGrom 1.22-1 1.56-4 2.21-16 X 2.74-3
            Steven Matz 1.16-1 5.63-3 5.41-6 4.16-1 6.42-10
            Noah Syndergaard X 5.70-1 2.87-5 1.85-5 2.00-5
            Jason Vargas X 9.97-1 4.93-3 8.46-2 5.20-6.
            Zack Wheeler X 8.16-1 3.52-8 3.08-5 2.49-8
            These Pitchers have made 95 of the starts todate, with Oswalt, Lugo, Harvey, Conlon, Flexen and Gagnon accounting for 20 starts.

Comment

Catching is a black hole, but the problem is that there are no good options on the market right now, either.

It's a bad quandary to be in.

Comment

IMO, Plawecki is ready to be the primary catcher...not a major concern for the Mets...

Comment

Plaw/Mesoraco is about as good as we can expect for next year. There are few options.

Comment

when is d'Arnaud supposed to be ready again? and Nido isn't too far away from being a viable 2nd string catcher...defensively he's there, and do you really expect much offense from a backup catcher?

Comment

It's a strange position this team is in for catchers. All of them have some promise and could be a capable major league catcher but none really stand out. My money is on Plawecki for his defensive ability and relatively consistent hitting as opposed to the other three, and d'Arnaud just can't stay on the field.

Comment

I like a Mesoraco Plawecki platoon.

Comment

Working...
                        X