Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing GM - Trade Proposals

Here's the first proposal:

Kevin Plawecki and Dominic Smith for Kevin Pillar.

Why Mets do it: they have Ramos at catcher and Alonso at 1B
    Why Blue Jay's do it: Martin is FA after 2019 and they could use a young 1B.

Yay or nay?

I like it....a real CFer, some power, some speed...

Comment

maybe if we change it to Travis no'D, we could swindle a young flamethrowing pitcher out of them...

Comment

most of the names that SNY, etc are spitting out lately are guys that have no business playing center field at this point in their career...I don't want Puig, and Adam Jones is a little old for Center at this point of his career...and we know that the Mets probably can't afford Pollock anymore

Comment

I'd prob make that trade. 4 years of Plaw, 5 years of Smith, for 2 years of Pillar? Seems fair. We're not getting anything special back, but giving up a back up catcher and a 1B that they've clearly given up on (to my chagrin)

Long run, I think the Jays win that trade and it makes sense for a team that is likely rebuilding.

Comment

Yay or nay?

Comment

Juan Lagares and Paul Sewald to San Fran Giants for Will Smith.

Yay or nay?

Comment

• saxon
                saxon commented
                Editing a comment
                that's an awful lot to pay for a bad actor that is going to make everyone seriously miss Robin Williams as the Genie in Aladdin

Once again I'll go with Aye. Lagares with 1 yr. for Smith a LH RP with 1 yr. of control. Coming off TJS in 2017,Smith put up a 2.55 ERA - 0.98 whip in 54 G (53 IP) with 14 Sv, and 12+ Ks/9 and 2.5 BB. Smith was paid 2.5 M and will be due a deserved bump in arbitration while Lagares is under contract for 9M.

Hence, the addition of Paul Sewald, who has yet to prove he is not the posterboy for the AAAA stereo type. Sewald who will turn 29 early next season has flourished at the MiL level but has had two failed shots at the MLs after 6 seasons of MiL ball and 4 years of high profile college ball.

Sewald might finally get it, but Smith is the pitcher who can help the Mets today.

Comment

I like both of these proposals, good examples of fair deals instead of the usual "let's give them shiny rocks for Mike Trout, get it done, Omar" fan proposals.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Stark View Post
                  I like both of these proposals, good examples of fair deals instead of the usual "let's give them shiny rocks for Mike Trout, get it done, Omar" fan proposals.
                  if we sign Bryce Harper, we could eventually trade him for Trout and get not only a premier bat, but also a center fielder...

Comment

I don't want Pillar on the Mets, or the Jays for that matter. He is who he is - a can't hit, no OBP player who takes poor routes to balls and tries to make up for it with dives. I will say that he is durable but one of the worst baserunners I have ever seen, like Murphy.

And I think he is due to make $6M in 2019.

Comment

Pillar's OBP ain't great (.298 for his career), but he does have a bit of pop (mid teens HR totals). Definitely durable, 140+ games every year for the last four. I thought he was an above average defender, but looking at his stat rates, he skews more to the lower end of the middle.

Sounds like a more durable Juan Lagares (more pop, less glove).

Comment

Working...
                      X