Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Buatista - Going to Phillies for Rest of '18

Any thoughts on this news?

Last edited by Drucifer; 22-Jun-2018, 09:09 PM.

Just typical Sandy trying to catch lightning in a bottle. Lagares out for the year and silence on Cespedes so it was likely to happen (mjjm the clairvoyant theorized as much someplace else)

Comment

Yea, as I mentioned in chat during the game, I'm not as opposed to this as some other members. We're not asking him to start. We have an abundance of lefties. I think his defense/arm are still passable, and we literally have no one in our system with OF experience worth promoting, including as MJJM points out, Phillip Evans already on the roster...

To me, low cost move once Lagares got injured...

Comment

He's signed for a 1 year deal

Comment

http://mlb.mlb.com/r/article?ymd=201...s_nym&c_id=nym

Comment

How did they fit him on the 40 man roster? Did they move Lagares to the 60 day DL?

Comment

Hmmm. It sounds to me like they are intending to replace one mid-30's switch hitting below .200 hitter with some speed (Reyes) for a mid-30's right handed below .200 hitter with some power (Bautista).

Not an improvement, not even marginally. Lateral at best.

Comment

Right now, Reyes is bringing nothing to the table. He is a guy who can hit, can't steal & can't field. Guillorme can, at a minimum, field well.

We are very short on OFs. Who would we rather see, Bautista (for league minimum) or den Decker (for league minimum).

Give me Guillorme & Bautista. Whenever Frazier returns, Reyes gets DFA. When Cespedes returns, Bautista goes to the bench as a RH bat, and we send the 8th RP down.

Comment

Originally posted by mjjm367 View Post
                  How did they fit him on the 40 man roster? Did they move Lagares to the 60 day DL?
                  Optioned Phillip Evans to LV

Comment

Evans cleared a spot off the 25 man roster, but remained on the 40.

It was my mistake, I miscounted (ran out of fingers and toes). I thought the 40 man roster was full, but apparently not. And they can still clear another spot when they move Lagares from the 10 day DL to the 60 day DL. They will need that spot when Anthony Swarzak comes off the 60 day DL.

Comment

only the Mets would have an open spot on the 40 man roster without having to make a move first...

Comment

unless of course, that was part of why the Mets "wanted to give Nido a chance to learn from Mesoraco before Plawecki is activated"...that might have been the confidence booster that the company line wanted to feed the public/Nido; but maybe they already had Bautista lined up ahead of time and decided to clear the 40 man roster spot early (both Nido/Lobaton were on the 40 man, now Lobaton is not)

Comment

honestly, I don't think have room on the 40 is all that rare... there are multiple reasons this can happen from DFAs to multiple long term injuries. once ST is over, a spot on the 40 really isn't THAT high of a commodity until the next rule 5 draft comes along...

Comment

Originally posted by saxon View Post
                            unless of course, that was part of why the Mets "wanted to give Nido a chance to learn from Mesoraco before Plawecki is activated"...that might have been the confidence booster that the company line wanted to feed the public/Nido; but maybe they already had Bautista lined up ahead of time and decided to clear the 40 man roster spot early (both Nido/Lobaton were on the 40 man, now Lobaton is not)
                            Conspiracy theory?????

Braves had not released Bautista at the point the Mets had made the move. Wait, unless the Braves were in on the conspiracy...….

Comment

I know that the main reason why Bautista is that he hits right handed, but standing on that side of the box does not equate to hitting. He hit .203 in 500+ at bats last year.

That's a pretty damn big sample size of suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X