Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mets 2018 Season - It Can't Get Worst! Can It?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets 2018 Season - It Can't Get Worst! Can It?

At this point in the season, we are at a fork in the road. We need to take it.

With Vargas pitching does anyone hold out hope that the streak continues?

Comment

I made a similar comment in the chat. Dude needs to turn it on, he's better than what we've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Mets Fan View Post
        With Vargas pitching does anyone hold out hope that the streak continues?
        IMO, Vargas was wasted money...maybe he'll turn it around but until he does, he's just a soft tossing lefty that is being used for batting practice by the other teams

He's a typical Fred Wilpon signing: overpriced, past his prime veteran that is cheaper and less useful than the other choices out there...but it gives Freddie a chance to say, "hey look, I am not a cheapskate after all...let's have some meaningful games in September because we'll only be 5 games out of the 2nd wildcard at the trade deadline"...
        Last edited by saxon; 21-May-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

As the saying goes, momentum is only as good as your next starter and with Vargas I feel the other team has all the momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Mets Fan View Post
            As the saying goes, momentum is only as good as your next starter and with Vargas I feel the other team has all the momentum.
            I just took a second look at it, your avatar is funny as hell.

Comment

Glad you like it, and it's true. It's something we all have in common.

Comment

With the advantage of hind sight "ye of little faith", Vargas came to that fork in the road, wiped it off and ate fish for dinner

Comment

Ok, so here is the current mjjm theory...

The Mets are auditioning Guillorme until Frazier is ready to come off the DL (by the way, Mrs. mjjm has rechristened him "Gourmet"). At that point, they may release Reyes (sorry Jose, but I'll still wear your t-shirt, OK?). Reyes isn't hitting, isn't walking, isn't stealing and Luis G plays better defense at all 3 IF spots.

A possible corollary to my theory...

May also be why they are looking at Bautista. Releasing Reyes opens up a 40 man spot, where you can stash Joey Bats. If he hits a little bit in AAA, you can bring him up, sending Evans down to AAA until the next injury call-up. It's an MLB minimum roll of the dice. Cespedes is still a ways away per tonight's broadcast, but not clear how long.

This last part only makes sense if
                  a) Joey Bats hits in AAA &
                  b) Ces is away for a bit, otherwise they have to carry a 5 man bench.

Comment

With Lagares out, who is your better choice for center?

Nimmo? He's not much of an upgrade over Conforto, it any at all.

As for the error, while it contributed, if the pen could actually get an out every now and then, his error would have been mitigated.

I've supported Sandy for the most part, but he has not improved the roster, not developed enough depth, and the farm has been mediocre at best during his tenure. Overall, I think Minaya did a better job than Sandy has (and I was a big Minaya supporter). I have moved into the yogi sponsored anti-Sandy camp. He's had plenty of time and enough money to do something with, but has not proven successful enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Stark View Post
                      I have moved into the yogi sponsored anti-Sandy camp. He's had plenty of time and enough money to do something with, but has not proven successful enough.
                      Every year we get to this point and a common retort when voicing displeasure with where we are at is; "what would you have done differently?". I don't have any answers because there are too many holes, except to say, "something different than we have for the past 4-5 years" It seems like they keep trying the same plan over and over with the same results year after year.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Stark View Post
                        With Lagares out, who is your better choice for center?

umm...drafting/developing guys that can play center field and actually provide some offense...

Comment

Drew's Sig

Comment

I don't know which Disney song is now stuck more in my head:

Theme from the cartoon "Tailspin";

or "MIC...see you real soon...KEY...Why?..."

Comment

Sure ain't "Can You Feel the Love Tonight", "I Just Can't Wait to be King", or "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Comment

Working...
                              X