This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mets 2018 - Random Tidbits

Mets are 8-0 (since 2015) when Wilmer Flores has a game winning RBI...

that's a pretty good winning percentage...

Comment

Originally posted by saxon View Post
      Mets are 8-0 (since 2015) when Wilmer Flores has a game winning RBI...
      Even more amazing, the Mets are 8-0 when Wilmer hits a walk off.

OK, I'll shut up now :MZip:

Comment

Mets are 8-0 when they win? ...... Maybe I'm missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by abat View Post
          Mets are 8-0 when they win? ...... Maybe I'm missing something?
          Hey, you are good at the tech stuff, and Sax and I are good at the nonsensical....

Fortunately for you, we are available for lessons.

Comment

we had Yogi as a teacher..."they give you cash, which is almost as good as money"...

Comment

Originally posted by mjjm367 View Post

Hey, you are good at the tech stuff, and Sax and I are good at the nonsensical....

Fortunately for you, we are available for lessons.
              I'm his personal tutor in such things .I just nod and smile when he talks techie at me 😂

Comment

Originally posted by witchit View Post

I'm his personal tutor in such things .I just nod and smile when he talks techie at me 😂
                Just for the record, men also have that ability. My wife is a big fan of pop culture. I also do the smile and nod thing, The trick is not to let your eyes glaze over to ruin the illusion.

Comment

and even a broken clock is correct twice a day...that is, unless it's a digital clock...

Comment

I've done some deep Sabermetric research and come up with this:

When the Mets pitcher gets a win, we are 25-0, when he gets a loss, we are 0-21.

Seems to be a pretty easy fix, just win more.

Comment

Only 3 teams in the NL have scored less runs than the Mets, and the Mets have only scored 1 more run than 1 of those teams (Giants)...

Mets and the Rockies are the only .500+ NL teams with a negative run differential...

Comment

and a couple positives:

Rosario is starting to show some flashes of talent;
                        Nimmo this season is looking more like Christian Yelich than Mike Baxter...

Comment

Nimmo isn't flashy, he just gets on base. He is rapidly becoming one of my personal favorites.

Comment

What one might expect from a farm boy from Wyoming, grounded with a work ethic and maturity beyond his age. May he never change.

Comment

since this is the random thread...

I know that Sandy really doesn't value defense (and then wonders why all of his pitchers other than strikeout pitchers suck)...and I also realize that I may exaggerate a little the value of a catcher on a pitcher's winning chances...

but FOX just pointed out a pretty interesting stat when it comes to the Cubs and their Centerfield defense...
                              When Almora starts in CF, the Cubs are 22-11;
                              When Almora doesn't start, the Cubs are 9-12;

meanwhile I love the fact that Conforto is willing to play CF to help the Mets get more offense in their OF...but how many runs does our OF defense cost us when the bullpen and 3/4/5 starters are pitching? Would Almora have airmailed that throw over the catcher's head? Conforto had plenty of time to get properly set, and instead caught the ball wrong and had to turn his whole body prior to throwing it, didn't have his feet planted and then made a shit throw...a real CFer, would have angled under the ball better to get off a better throw...by the way, the Mets had the lead prior to Conforto's mistake; they didn't have the lead when that inning was done...but it is all the bullpen's fault

Comment

Working...
                              X