No announcement yet.

2018 Trade Rumors - All Trade Talks Now Closed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blevins would be the top of my list as well. In 18 appearances since Jun. 24th he has an ERA of 1.23 with a whip of 0.75....that is allowing 2 runs in two months. Not sold? 13 appearances since July 15th he has been shut down with an ERA of 0.00 and a whip of 0.50 ...Those 35 batters faced have a BA of .094 and an OPS of .265.

Would the front office listen to an offer...absolutely! If they want to resign JB, why alienate him by holding him out of a chance for a ring and what GM wouldn't want Blevins for the stretch run. Would the Yankees pay the 1.2 M left on his contract, how about the Dodgers? Both teams have huge issues in the BP. Red Sox didn't spend a nickel on the BP at the deadline. Rockies, DBacks, Phillies and Braves are all in the bottom half of the league in payroll...could they spend the money? The Astro's are an upper echelon spending team, would they pony up another M to hold off the A's? Then it is just a matter of who are we getting back...pay the 1.2 M and bring back a AA or AAA highly regarded prospect.

The only other name on my list would be Mesaroco if a team lost a C or wasn't post season confident of the back up C in the next week.

Comment

• the problem with Blevins trade value is that he's a LHP reliever that doesn't pitch as well vs lefties as righties...most LHP relievers have much better splits vs Lefties

Comment

• Maybe its perception, but eyeball test, that doesn't feel as true recently during his turnaround, and certainly hasn't historically been true with his career lefty average against at .215 (vs .240) and 2017 numbers of .197 (vs .288).

Comment

• [QUOTE]...most LHP relievers have much better splits vs Lefties[/QUOTE

True. When I looked at Blevins' splits I expected to see a modification of his extreme imbalance...I didn't. What that told me was that his appearances over the last 5 weeks haven't been enough to affect the splits.

In the sample of his last 13 appearances he faced 36 hitters; LHB 1-13 and 1 HBP, RHB and SH 2-20 with 2 BB. Again 0.00 ERA and 0.50 whip. Mets were 8-5 in games he appeared in and he pitched 1.0(+) innings in 8 of those appearances.

Overall the splits are yesterday and the trending is something different. I believe that any player picked up at this point in the season is not qualified for the post season roster, which would be a consideration when spending 1.2 M. When weighing the value of a chance at the ring after 6 months of play and a year of preparation should make that consideration moot.

Comment

• saxon
            saxon commented
            Editing a comment
            you have until September 1 to add a guy to the 25 man roster to qualify for the post season...(not the case with a trade, but if the guy was on the roster at one time in the season, I believe that he still qualifies for the post season roster

• You are right Saxon. With money not an insurmountable barrier, getting through waivers is the only obstacle

Comment

• Blevins and Bruce are probably the best options, with Bautista a third possibility.

Comment

• yogi8
              yogi8 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was good with the Mets resigning Bruce last offseason....between the plantar facilitis, his back and hip, it didn't work out. Still think he has something left in the tank, but I don't see anyone wanting him with 2 yrs. and 28 M on the table.

• Mets trade Jose Bautista to the Phillies

Bautista had been claimed on waivers on Monday

By Danny Abriano |

Jul 6, 2018; New York City, NY, USA; Credit: Noah K. Murray-USA TODAY Sports (Noah K. Murray)
            New York Mets right fielder Jose Bautista (11) hits a game winning grand slam in the ninth inning against the Tampa Bay Rays at Citi Field. Mandatory

The Mets have traded OF Jose Bautista to the Phillies, SNY's Andy Martino confirmed.

In return, the Mets will receive a player to be named later or cash, according to Phillies beat reporter Todd Zolecki.

A deal between the two teams happened close to the deadline, with Bautista having been claimed on waivers just under 24 hours ago.

The 37-year-old Bautista, who the Mets added earlier this season after he was released by the Braves, hit .204/.351/.367 with nine homers in 82 games for the Mets.

Bautista is eligible for free agency after the season.
            Bautista is the first to go

Comment

• Drew's Sig

Comment

• no more sticky then?

Comment

• Originally posted by saxon View Post
                  no more sticky then?
                  That would put Post-It Notes out of business.

What, if you have any experience reading my posts, you all know that I am seldom as funny as I think I am.

Comment

• saxon
                    saxon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    my wife tells me the same thing..the way I figure it, if I made myself chuckle, that's good enough for me
                Working...
                X