This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 World Series - Who Will Win It?

Which team will win the 2020 COVID-19 shorten season World Series?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ei9oToRX0AAQeOD?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	12214

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ei957W5WkAEPYqd?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	12216
    Drew's Sig

A little off-topic, but I wanted to put this where it was easy for all to see.

We decided to sign up for the 2020 MLB.tv post season package at a cost of $24.99. 2021 pre-season games come with it. Am aware that, without pay tv (we stream only), I can only watch games 90 minutes after completion.

And now the good news - website would not let me purchase the package. Called in for help and found that, due to all the issues with the 2020 season and COVID, that the package is already free and active for anyone who had a 2020 MLB.tv, whether you have the single team or full package. Free is always the right price.

Tomorrow night, I will watch one of the day games, and post if all works as advertised.

Even more off-topic, and posted where all can see...

I ๐Ÿ’— Chipper Jones!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjjm367 View Post
      A little off-topic, but I wanted to put this where it was easy for all to see.

We decided to sign up for the 2020 MLB.tv post season package at a cost of $24.99. 2021 pre-season games come with it. Am aware that, without pay tv (we stream only), I can only watch games 90 minutes after completion.

And now the good news - website would not let me purchase the package. Called in for help and found that, due to all the issues with the 2020 season and COVID, that the package is already free and active for anyone who had a 2020 MLB.tv, whether you have the single team or full package. Free is always the right price.

Tomorrow night, I will watch one of the day games, and post if all works as advertised.

Even more off-topic, and posted where all can see...

I ๐Ÿ’— Chipper Jones!!!
      Traitor,

Man, that has to hurt.

By the way, I think you should include your affection for Chipper's brother Freddie as well.

Comment

the Astros will go all the way

Comment

Originally posted by saxon View Post
          the Astros will go all the way
          lol...I didn't even realize that the Astros made the playoffs...but...holy shit are the AL brackets weak...regardless of their 2020 records, most of the teams in the AL brackets typically suck or are no better than middle market teams...and even the Skanks have no pitching and neither Judge/Stanton have been healthy

Comment

I really do not have any interest except that the sooner the WS is over the sooner the off-season officially kicks off

Comment

Originally posted by West Coast Mets Fan View Post
              I really do not have any interest except that the sooner the WS is over the sooner the off-season officially kicks off
              unfortunately that has been true most seasons of my life...

Comment

Quick 2 day review of the MLB.tv postseason package - don't like it. What makes it a pain in the @$$ is the delay. Can't watch a game until 90 minutes after completion. That means I have had one of the completed day games on each evening. But it also means that I have to jump through all kind of hoops to avoid learning the score, because if I know the outcome, why watch? Much easier to avoid a regular season Mets game score, because I'm out of market, and it doesn't get the press of playoffs. Glad that it was a throw in, not something I would pay for going forward.

Also, this will get worse as playoffs progress. Once the field narrows, there will be mostly night games. Since there is a 90 minutes delay, what's the point? Can't watch them until the next day?

Makes next year's decision easier. If the Mets aren't in the playoffs, we'll just watch whatever is on free TV. If they make the payoffs, then a 1 month signup for whatever is needed to watch.

And now, from our karma is a bitch department - guess who the announcer was in the Cubs - Marlins game last night. Fang, did you have something to do with this? Are you making fun of me? That's right, it was the man of my dreams (nightmares) -

I ๐Ÿ’— Chipper Jones!!!

Comment

when you love someone, you just start seeing them everywhere you look...

for MLB.TV. Are all games on 90 minute delays? Or just local games? Is the true in Europe? Might be able to cheaply sign up for the VPN sites we spoke about earlier in the season and fool your internet during game days into thinking you're in England, etc.
                  Last edited by NY FANG; 03-Oct-2020, 02:18 PM. Reason: called out by WCMF :)

Comment

Originally posted by NY FANG View Post
                    when you love someone, you just start seeing them everywhere you look...
                    That was funny!! (by the way, I fixed your typo!)

Comment

Originally posted by NY FANG View Post
                      when you love someone, you just start seeing them everyone you look...
                      Originally posted by West Coast Mets Fan View Post
                      That was funny!! (by the way, I fixed your typo!) - "everywhere you look"
                      Aaaah, the joy of losing a bet......

All of the games on MLB.tv are blocked in the US until 90 minutes after they are completed. I though about adding a VPN, but, without a dog in the hunt, it wasn't worth the effort to me. If and when the Mets do make the playoffs, we will bite the bullet and sign up for a one month subscription to whatever streaming service is necessary. Sadly, it doesn't look like I would be broke from having to do that over the last 2 decades.

And, for those of you who haven't been paying attention, I ๐Ÿงก Chipper Jones!!!

Comment

I am still a little confused about your playoff package...did you pay extra for it? I just have my normal mlb.tv account, and I still get the games shortly after they are over...I am not paying extra for that...did you get the Mets only plan?

Comment

Originally posted by saxon View Post
                          I am still a little confused about your playoff package...did you pay extra for it? I just have my normal mlb.tv account, and I still get the games shortly after they are over...I am not paying extra for that...did you get the Mets only plan?
                          Sorry if I wasn't clear. Per my phone conversations with an MLB.tv rep...

Normally, the post season package costs $24.99. At least for 2020, the post season package also includes the 2021 Spring Training games. Due to all the COVID related ups & downs of the 2020 regular season, MLB.tv is giving the post season package for free to all customers who paid for the 2020 regular season. Doesn't matter if you bought the complete package or the single team package (like I did). The reason I called them is that when I tried to purchase it, it wouldn't let me (because it was automatically included).

My problem is when you can watch the games. Not only does the game have to be over, but there is the added 90 minute delay. So I have to wait for evening to watch a day game, or wait until the next day for a night game. And I don't normally watch a game I know the outcome of. With the added coverage of playoff baseball, it means I can barely access the internet for fear of learning results. I have made an art form of avoiding Mets games scores, but that is easy when you are out of market.

Next season, I may try Fang's suggestion of a VPN. Or, if the Mets are in it, for one month I'll just sign up for whatever package I need to.

Something that I'm sure I've been more clear on....

I ๐Ÿงก Chipper Jones!!!

Comment

OK, after watching most of the postseason to date on the MLB.tv postseason package, I will absolutely recommend AGAINST it for anyone considering it for future seasons. While the regular season package was great (I'm doing that going forward), the "can't watch live" plus a 90 minute delay after makes the post season miserable. It is near impossible to avoid finding out the score beforehand without totally avoiding the internet (I stumbled over a result while trying to see where a TV show was streamed). Just a miserable pain in the ass experience.

Going forward, the only work around I see is Fang's VPN suggestion. More likely, I will just pony up for whatever the monthly cost would be to whatever streaming service will allow me to see the games live. Definitely so if the Mets are in it.

Another reason why baseball is losing the younger fans, the large majority of which stream. How do you capture the next generation if they can't watch the playoffs, or have to spend an additional chunk of cash to do so. Oh wait, that's right, the altruistic ownership group has the best interests of the game at heart. It is just a lucky happenstance for them that the networks are willing to pay a fortune to show the games.

And since he has nothing to do with this stupidity, I ๐Ÿ’“ Chipper Jones!!!

Comment

Can I recommend you go sign up for a free trial of one of the VPNs to try out during the WS so you will know going into next year if you have a solution or not?

Comment

Working...
                              X