This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Mets - Opening Day Roster Game

Good morning everyone! I came up with a fun game we could play. Each poster names 1 player they think will make the Mets opening day roster consecutively (without duplicates) until we reach 25. The easiest way to do this is copying the list of players into each of your responses.
    ​​​​Please try to let others post before posting twice or 3 times. I'll start with the obvious.

1. Jacob deGrom

1. Jacob deGrom
    2. Pete Alonso
    Drew's Sig

Comment

1. Jacob deGrom
      2. Pete Alonso
      3. Jeff McNeil

Comment

4. Kris Bryan
        Last edited by Drucifer; 18-Feb-2020, 04:03 PM. Reason: Not following OP rule

Comment

1. Jacob deGrom
          2. Pete Alonso
          3. Jeff McNeil
          4. Kris Bryant
          5. Mike Conforto
          Drew's Sig

Comment

Isn't this where we name all obvious 22 names, and then no one really addresses the potential guys? I like the end concept, but can we cut to the chase? I could just sit here an name Thor, yawn, or we can look at the 22+

Does a Sewald, Rhame or Oswalt make the squad? Can we predict a setback to Wacha?
            Will Lowrie/Smith end up on the final 26? If not, who in their place?
            Cespedes... coin toss...

Comment

Any wonder that the site has turned into a fucking ghost town. Every thread instantly turns into a crap throwing festival, who can piss the furthest. Hint: Don't piss into the wind fellas.

This was a fun little thread last year, I actually started to come back to post on it, it was enjoyable, if predictable at first. It took one day to get subverted (hey, can I name Willie Mays, since it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Mets roster anymore). Then Dru tries to get it back on track, and 3 hours later, another poster decides that the thread isn't up to their standards, and dismisses it out of hand. Not showing any respect at all to the original poster (Sorry, JMF)

And this isn't an isolated event, the nonsense is on almost every single thread. This used to be a place that was a cut above the other site. Now, it's barely hovering above Metsblog comments. Barely.

I'm not the damn thread police. It's a hard decision for me whether I would rather have my sarcasm or my left leg removed, given a choice. And I'm not the arbiter of what's ok or not. But there used to be intelligent baseball discussion intertwined with the snark. Now?

Am I talking bullshit? Constantly, ask anyone who knows me. Or has ever had a 30 second conversation with me. But look at the total lack of participation by most. Yeah, each of us has the right to say what we want, but don't be surprised if soon there is nobody else in the room but you.

And for all the thankless effort he puts in, Dru deserves better.

(Damnit, hide. That mjjm jackass is nearby.)

Comment

So I'm going to put this thread back on track - don't like it, kiss my ass.

1. Jacob deGrom
                2. Pete Alonso
                3. Jeff McNeil
                4. Noah Syndergaard
                5. Mike Conforto

Comment

1. Jacob deGrom
                  2. Pete Alonso
                  3. Jeff McNeil
                  4. Noah Syndergaard
                  5. Mike Conforto
                  6. Amed Rosario

Comment

apologies for trying to turn a thread that was dead for 2 weeks into an actual conversation. Welcome back MJJM, your rants from the top of that pedestal about nothing were missed. Not sure what set you off about the post, but now that you've cooled, go have a look back and tell me you're in line and not a contributing cause of the "ghost town". PS: who disrespected Dru? Where did you pull that out of?

I like you dude 99% of the time, but let me know when you're ready to climb down and join us mortals rather than ranting at us from high.

I guess that concludes my return rant.
                    Last edited by NY FANG; 19-Feb-2020, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NY FANG View Post
                      apologies for trying to turn a thread that was dead for 2 weeks into an actual conversation. Welcome back MJJM, your rants from the top of that pedestal about nothing were missed. Not sure what set you off about the post, but now that you've cooled, go have a look back and tell me you're in line and not a contributing cause of the "ghost town". PS: who disrespected Dru? Where did you pull that out of?

I like you dude 99% of the time, but let me know when you're ready to climb down and join us mortals rather than ranting at us from high.

I guess that concludes my return rant.
                      The thread was dead because the day after it started, it was derailed by the addition of two non-Mets to the list. This isn't a hard concept, we had the same thread last year. And you "re-started" it by being totally dismissive of it... "
                      Isn't this where we name all obvious 22 names, and then no one really addresses the potential guys? I like the end concept, but can we cut to the chase? I could just sit here an name Thor, yawn, or we can look at the 22+"
                      . Hell with what the original poster's intentions or wants were, you are a step ahead of all of us, knowing the obvious. Easy to see from up there on top of that pedestal (hey, see what I did there).

Know what - I was going to continue this, but it just isn't worth it. Guess this is going to qualify as one of times outside of the "99% of the time" that you like me. see ya.

Comment

I didn't understand that there was unwritten rules, etiquette, etc to a thread that was started over a year ago, and only had a couple entries...I had a little fun with it, because there were several similar threads:

1) 2020 Mets - Opening Day Roster Game
                        11-Feb-2019, 08:52 AM

2) 2020 Lineup - Opening Day Forecast
                        15-Feb-2020, 01:49 PM

3) 2020 Roster - Prediction & Speculation
                        04-Feb-2020, 04:03 PM

4) 2020 Mets - Pre-Spring Training Predictions
                        16-Feb-2020, 01:07 PM

5) 2020 Spring Training Chatter
                        15-Feb-2020, 02:33 PM

I was mocking the media's obsession with saying that we were after: Marte, Bettis, Kris Bryant, Nolan Arenado despite the fact that they kept saying that the Mets were unwilling to part with: Nimmo, JD, Dom, Matz or prospects...so I joking around put down Arenado at 3rd, and Bryant in LF...

apologies for having some fun with a bunch of dead threads...it seems like the chat gets all the action and the threads grow cobwebs, and then we had redundant cobweb titles, and this particular one, like I said was "started" over a year ago...

Comment

Let me know when you need some oats for that high horse of yours.

To Quote the original poster one year ago:
                          Now the debate begins. Who disagrees with the roster selections and who would you replace those guys with? I think about 20-21 spots here are locked in (barring injury), but the remaining 4-5 are up in the air for the most part.
                          https://www.metsglobal.org/forum/mai...=5728#post5728
                          We all know who the safe 20-21 spots are. We can debate who the remaining 4-5 guys are. You can call it a derail. I disagree. You can go on another rant about how big of assholes we are. I still disagree. You can accuse me of being ungrateful to Dru. With a puzzled look on my face, I'll still disagree.

Comment

Hey, sorry Sax, I didn't mean to get you caught up in this. I got your joke and point. I would and should have just continued with the thread after your post, same as Dru did. It just really torqued me when I came back to post that the thread was totally dismissed. Again, apologies.

Besides, I'm looking forward to our upcoming debate in the lineup thread about Nimmo leading off (I know he's your favorite....). My free time returns after this weekend so get ready.

Back to the matter at hand -

1. Jacob deGrom
                            2. Pete Alonso
                            3. Jeff McNeil
                            4. Noah Syndergaard
                            5. Mike Conforto
                            6. Amed Rosario
                            7. JD Davis

Comment

1. Jacob deGrom
                              2. Pete Alonso
                              3. Jeff McNeil