DST Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DST Issue

[11:53 PM] mjjm367: Here's how to fix it - Click on your name (upper right hand corner) - click User Settings - On the new page click Account - scroll down to Date & Time Options - pick your correct Time Zone - then under DST Correction, pick Automatically Detect DST Settings - then scroll to bottom right of the page and click Save Changes
    [09:15 PM] saxon: I believe it started when Daylight savings time ended
    [09:15 PM] saxon: my time is an hour off as well

[02:48 PM] NY FANG: anyone else having time zone issues? It thinks I'm an hour ahead, which I think is because DST has confused the system.
    So I had done MJJMs suggestion prior, and it didn't help, though I did hit save this time, so here is my test post. I'll immediately follow up with a yay or nay. Current time is 10:17

DST Issue

Today, 11:16 AM

Nay

Comment

Test 6:14 PM CST

Comment

Hey. I'm wrong too.

The lesson here is that mjm's ideas may or may not work.

Comment

Is your clock wrong? Or is texas just continuously stuck in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by NY FANG View Post
            Is your clock wrong? Or is texas just continuously stuck in the past?
            Yes.

And Yes.

Comment

Just saw this thread, been busy. Spring forward and fall back...one step forward and one step back with the associated confusion and resetting of clocks. Admission..never bother to change the clock in my truck and yes I know how. I don't wear a wrist watch since I retired on the Fri before labor day 2008...save a few bucks on batteries.

All this for no gain or ultimate advantage. I have the solution; everyday is day light savings time to be know going forward as Life Savings Time. Each day the clock is back by one hour, consequently after a week you have 7 hours of additional life span...if you don't step in front of a bus or do something equally unhealthy. Those hours pile up to reduce your age and extend your life expectation. 15.2 hours per year seems minimal but for someone born now that would be more than 2.5 years at age 60. Age 80 would have saved you 3.4 years giving you a net age of 76 years 8 months.

Imagine no springing forward, robbing you of an hours sleep, instead you sleep in for an extra hour. All clocks would need to be atomic clock sensitive or since time is a fabrication and not a reality....ignore them.

Comment

Yay, my broken clock is fixed again

Comment

Yeah? You just lost a legitimate excuse for being late. My sympathies, but I have a very old hammer I would lend you....with a refundable deposit.

Comment

I really resent getting up in the morning to go to work with DST.

I'm fine with DST, it's just the work part that .

Comment

Working...
                    X