Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Coast Mets Fan
    commented on 's reply
    Thank CMF. You are correct 2021 is looking much better than 2020. Excited to be a Granpa! Dampening some of that enthusiasm though is the fact that Matthew has been diagnosed with COVID-19. Please keep Raquel and the baby in your prayers.

• Canadian Mets Fan
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats, WCMF!!! That is fantastic news and already your 2021 is looking better than 2020.

• West Coast Mets Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by West Coast Mets Fan View Post
    My wife and I cannot wait for grandkids! That said, we are old school and would like the kids to be married before that happens. I hope to get to the next phase of the music request shortly!
    Our Christmas surprise is the 1st grandkid will be here in August. And for those inquiring minds, no, my wife's son and partner (current lingo for girlfriend!!) are not married yet!!

Leave a comment:

• mjjm367
    replied
    Very nice version of one of my favorite songs. I hadn't heard it before, thanks. Got to give credit to the guitar player. It's got to take major guts to play that after Santana's version, but he did a very good job. My favorite non-Santana version was done by sax player Gato Barbieri.

And thanks to the wonders of Youtube - I was looking for the Gato version to post here, and stumbled across this live version by both Gato & Santana together. Never heard it before, real nice. Also, check out the bass player and Graham Lear on drums, going off mid-video.

Leave a comment:

• West Coast Mets Fan
    replied

I just found this on YouTube. Pretty good cover

Leave a comment:

• mjjm367
    replied
    Originally posted by Canadian Mets Fan View Post
    Cheryl Crow is hot - always has been, I think always will be. I never had a music teacher who looked like that....
    If your music teacher had looked like that, you wouldn't have learned a damn thing. Well, musically not anything.

Leave a comment:

• Canadian Mets Fan
    replied
    Cheryl Crow is hot - always has been, I think always will be. I never had a music teacher who looked like that....

Leave a comment:

• Brian Stark
    replied
    Don't know why, but the last couple of weeks I've been listening to a lot of mid-to-late 90's chick rock.

Cheryl Crow, Alannis Morissette, etc.

No idea why, just have been.

Leave a comment:

• dhood8083
    replied
    Michael Kiwanuka does a superb cover of "One Rainy Wish" by Hendrix.

Leave a comment:

• mjjm367
    replied
    Very good stuff WC.

The first track, by Michael Kiwanuka is very good. It is head and shoulders above the only other stuff I have heard, from his first album.

The second track (Alabama Shakes) is great. I first heard it in a commercial, and was so intrigued that I had to go out and find it. Really liked it, the album (Sound & Color) should be in the batch I sent you.

The third track (Lianne La Havas) is the newfound gem of the three for me. Fantastic voice, great delivery. Her control is excellent, I love the way the intensity of her voice swells right around the 1:40 mark. Killer stuff!!!!

Thanks for the post and tell your step-son that I said it's obvious, when it comes to music, he was raised right. That line always gets a laugh out of my daughter, although lately, her response has been "Stop complimenting yourself, old man."

I 💓 Chipper Jones!!! (Although I'm sure his favorite artist is Country Joe West).
    Last edited by mjjm367; 11-Oct-2020, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• West Coast Mets Fan
    replied
    A few tunes my step-son shared with me today:

Leave a comment:

• West Coast Mets Fan
    replied
    I came across these on Youtube today:

Last edited by West Coast Mets Fan; 01-Oct-2020, 04:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mjjm367
    replied
    Originally posted by dhood8083 View Post

Here is what I'm currently playing on the ipod:

2. The Dramatic Jackpot by the Dramatics.

I love this vocal group from the 70s. I love their cover of Billy Paul's "Me and Mrs. Jones". Their harmonies are nothing short of spectacular.
    I got one of the Dramatics hits packages loaded into the computer. I have the Jackpot album waiting, but haven't loaded it yet. I liked their live version of the song, but would really like to hear a full studio version of it. The Jackpot version is longer, but also live. While listening, I came across this absolute gem by them, which I haven't heard before. The harmonies and vocal trade offs are gorgeous. And while I'm not normally a "strings" guy, the interplay of the strings with the synthesizer is beautiful. Here it is...

Went to find who had done this song originally, and it surprised the hell out of me. Originally written and performed by Hall & Oates. Here's their version. I very much prefer the Dramatics version. I rate this song a very close second to "In The Rain" as my favorite Dramatics tune. Here's the Hall & Oates version...

Leave a comment:

• West Coast Mets Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by mjjm367 View Post
    WC - that first track is absolutely killer. You are correct, my wife is the one who listens to the Christian music, but if we were riding in the car and that tune came up on her station, it would have immediately turned my head. Great stuff.
    There are other songs on the album that would do the same thing. That one is the best but there are others. If your wife's taste is as eclectic as yours she might really like it. You could earn some points if you bought it for her!! lol

Leave a comment:

• mjjm367
    replied
    WC - that first track is absolutely killer. You are correct, my wife is the one who listens to the Christian music, but if we were riding in the car and that tune came up on her station, it would have immediately turned my head. Great stuff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X