OK music freaks - Whatcha listening to? Vol. 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjjm367 View Post
    Her first album is in that batch of music I sent you. This concert is 25 years after her first release and she is still hot as hell.

Have you had a chance to poke through any of the music?
    I already had her first album. This is the first live song I have heard she is amazing when she does the jazzy stuff, not a fan of the funk stuff.

As for the treasure trove, I have gotten to a few of Bonamassa's albums, they are okay. Gary Moore's Blues for Greeny is great. I had hoped to get to some stuff over Christmas but that didn't happen.

I hope your Christmas was wonderful. Mine was, my wife bought me a Movado watch I have had my eye on for a while. (I know, who needs a watch, but I like them and have a collection of 10-12 now)

The surprise was my son gave me a Squire Fender Stratocaster for Christmas. I have always wanted to play and have dabbled a little a few times. I get frustrated I cannot play like Clapton or Santana after a few lessons, but now I just want to do it for fun.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	ICS18209792-front-xlarge.jpg Views:	1 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	5225

Here is a pic of my Christmas present. This is a picture of my actual guitar that the place my son bought it from sent him before it was shipped to him

Comment

• Dude, congrats on the guitar!!! Very, very cool! I wish that I had any ability to play, but sadly, do not. Enjoy.

Agree on the Candy Dulfer live being much better than her CD. Probably why I only had one from her.

As for Christmas, it was great. My wife had both Christmas Eve & Christmas off this year, first time in many years (patient care is 24/7/365). At the previous location, she always got New Years Eve & Day, so we very much enjoyed the time.

We tried something cool this Christmas Eve, during the day. We had multiple computers open, with Skype running. We had video calls running for over 4 hours, one to NYC and the other to Manila. Had brunch with our daughter and granddaughter in NYC, and "attended" a family Christmas gathering in Manila. It worked amazingly well. After a while, you damn near forgot that you weren't actually in the same room.

Comment

• I've got "Buddy Guy - Stone Crazy!" playing right now, and it is very good. Recorded in 1979 with his touring band (rhythm guitar/bass/drums). Great, electric blues, with all of the focus on Guy's vocals, and oh that guitar. Recommended.

Comment

• I bought Eric Clapton's "Happy Xmas" as an after Christmas gift for myself. I was moved to buy this after hearing parts of it on SiriusXM. They had Clapton and co-producer Simon Climie. Before each track was played Eric, Simon or both would discuss the song. Eric mentions that he spent month searching iTunes, youTube and other music libraries looking for Christmas tunes. Side note: Eric drew the album art. “I had in my head that these holiday songs could be done with a slight blues tinge,” guitarist says of seasonal LP

Other than his version of Jingle Bells, I really like this album. This version of Jungle Bells has a kind of disco/techno beat. I hated disco in the day, now that I have had some time to reflect on it, I really, really hate disco, but I digress.

His playing is clean and crisp with very little use of the electronic drums I dislike. There are quite a few songs on this album that can be listened to year-round because they are not Christmas jingly song. They are blues songs that happen to have storylines around the holidays. I have only given it one full pass and half of another when I have done a few more passes I'll give some updates.

Happy Xmas Track List

1. White Christmas
            2. Away In A Manger (Once In Royal David’s City)
            3. For Love On Christmas Day
            4. Everyday Will Be Like A Holiday
            5. Christmas Tears
            6. Home For The Holidays
            7. Jingle Bells (In Memory Of Avicii)
            8. Christmas In My Hometown
            9. It’s Christmas
            10. Sentimental Moments
            11. Lonesome Christmas
            12. Silent Night
            13. Merry Christmas Baby
            14. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Tracks 3,4 and 6 are a few of my favorites
            Last edited by West Coast Mets Fan; 04-Jan-2019, 01:57 PM. Reason: I added highlighted comments I remembered I wanted to include after the original post plus the track list.

Comment

• Got the Buddy Guy - Stone Crazy! album on for a second pass, and it is just too good. Here's a track titled "When I Left Home"

Comment

• Here is another Candy Dulfer with an Ulco Bed guitar solo. This guy has an awesome sound!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Roland Micro Cube amp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	5382

A friend at work gave me this to go with my new guitar. Now I really have to learn to play!

Comment

• Yet another great solo. Oh and she is not too bad either!

Comment

• Originally posted by West Coast Mets Fan View Post
                      A friend at work gave me this to go with my new guitar. Now I really have to learn to play!
                      Once you get up to speed, you need to sit in with brian's band. Hey, that two guitar thing worked out OK for those Allman boys.

Comment

Once you get up to speed, you need to sit in with brian's band. Hey, that two guitar thing worked out OK for those Allman boys.
                        Great suggestion. Are you paying the airfare to fly me to the other cost??

Comment

Great suggestion. Are you paying the airfare to fly me to the other cost??
                          Depends. Do I get front row seats if you end up playing Carnegie Hall?

Comment

Depends. Do I get front row seats if you end up playing Carnegie Hall?
                            If I end up playing Carnegie Hall, you get front row center stage and all access backstage passes

Comment

If I end up playing Carnegie Hall, you get front row center stage and all access backstage passes
                              In that case, I will finally have achieved my lifelong ambition... Groupie!!!!!!

Comment

• Gropie??? Keep your hands where I can see em!

Comment

Working...
                                X