Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• I have an extremely wide range of musical tastes, but.... I just stumbled over a disco version of a medley of Stairway to Heaven & Whole Lotta Love. Staggeringly bad. Some things just shouldn't exist.

I'll be back after pouring peroxide into my ears. If that doesn't work, I'm contemplating cement.

Comment

• I've never gotten people's obsessions with Led Zepplin...bored the shit out of me in high school, and after hearing them about a billion more times on the radio since then, my opinion is even more negative on the subject

Comment

• I'm not at all a "Zeppelin is sacred" guy, or any band for that matter. But the dreck I just stumbled over made Van McCoy & The Hustle seem like a work of art.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjjm367 View Post
              I have an extremely wide range of musical tastes, but.... I just stumbled over a disco version of a medley of Stairway to Heaven & Whole Lotta Love. Staggeringly bad. Some things just shouldn't exist.

I'll be back after pouring peroxide into my ears. If that doesn't work, I'm contemplating cement.
              Ice pick might work!

Comment

• Originally posted by West Coast Mets Fan View Post

Ice pick might work!
                I might keep one on hand in case I run into that video again.

Comment

• I had the misfortune of hearing a parody of a Bee Gees song titled "Staying at Home", oh the humanity, where is that ice pick when you need it?

Comment

• Here's a tune for Santana fans, a band called Cymande. Makes up for the dreck we've recently posted about.

Comment

• Speaking of Santana. Here is a strange combo:

Comment

Here's a tune for Santana fans, a band called Cymande. Makes up for the dreck we've recently posted about.

Wow, what a treat! Thanks for sharing, however, I see it didn't make it to the music list.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	10443

Comment

• Santana sounded great. But, then again, I can't remember him ever playing less than that well. That is a tough song for any vocalist. Etta James just kills it on the original, she sings it like her heart is being ripped out of her from losing her man.

The Cymande is from the recent batch I got. Actually got 3 albums of theirs, based solely on recommendation, but haven't listened to them yet. No idea what the rest of their material sounds like. Just stumbled over that track on YouTube by chance, so I'm looking forward to hearing the rest.

Comment

• It's probably no surprise to anyone who's followed this thread (or it's predecessor on the old site), but my musical tastes are extremely varied. So my wife walked into the room while I was playing this track from Big Maceo Merriweather, King of the Stride Piano, from 1945.

Mrs. - "That's cool honey."

Me - "Wow, do you realize how much more music you think is cool from when we first started together?" (Note - She likes ABBA, but I married her anyway.)

Me - "Well, my work is done here. I'm leaving now, off to find another woman to play music for."

Mrs. - "No problem. I'm pretty sure I'll be OK."

Tune below -

Comment

• RIP Little Richard.

While he is looked on as a novelty act now, he is widely cited by a lot of rockers as a major influence - Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, David Bowie. Rock would have sounded way different without him. Here's an example.

Here's Pat Boone's 1956 cover version of Long Tall Sally, which charted well. And yes, I know I just lost an extreme amount of "cool points" (if I ever had any) by mentioning Pat Boone.

Now here is the original version of Long Tall Sally by Little Richard, also from 1956, which charted better. Listen to the difference, and appreciate how far ahead of his time that Little Richard was.

Comment

The R&R Hall of Fame - a major entry on my bucket list. One day......
                                It was a very good exhibit - lots of instruments from various eras, it was interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X