No announcement yet.

OK music freaks - Whatcha listening to? Vol. 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I have family in town for the last 2 weeks, my music listening has gone to near zero, but I have gone through a few.

Relistened to the Santana CD. That man cam play some amazing guitar. Favorite track - "Blue Skies". And the electric bass player is awesome throughout.

Taj Mahal - Sacred Island - blues man plays Hawaiian music & blues with a Hawaiian slant. Didn't work for me.

My 9 year old granddaughter loves to read, so for the past two weeks, wherever we were (zoo, Austin road trip, etc.), I made sure we stopped by any nearby Half Price Books stores, a total of 8 stops. Now I have to pay the extra baggage fees for the return flight for 50 lbs. of books). Well, of course, while she browsed, I just might have brushed past the CD racks. 38 CDs later... About 30 of them came for the Clearance racks, from $1 - $3. Sometimes it really helps having a wide range of musical likes.

Comment

• Just ran the Santana "Zebop" album through the car. Good thing that man plays such an incredible guitar, because he sure has some mediocre singers.

Best vocalist I can think of from any of the Santana incarnations is Greg Walker. Although his best know vocal contribution to Santana was the hit Stormy, my favorite, by far is the version of "She's Not There" on the Moonflower album.

Comment

• I liked Alex Ligertwood on vocals. Take a run through the Shango album.

Interesting side note; I took a journalism course in college. One of our assignments was to write a review. I wrote a review on the Shango album. When the prof was returning our graded papers before he handed mine back to me he read it to the class and then commented on how well written it was. A few assignments later we were to visit a soup kitchen, children's hospital or an old folks home on Thanksgiving morning and then write about it. I didn't want to do that so I made up a story loosely written about my mom losing my dad. He read this one to the class too and finished with; "if you aren't already doing so you should consider a career in journalism" I felt like crawling under the table knowing it never happened.

Comment

• Maybe a career in fiction?

The Shango album is next up in the Santana queue

Comment

• Originally posted by mjjm367 View Post
            Maybe a career in fiction?

The Shango album is next up in the Santana queue
            No thanks, the chafing is annoying....oh fiction....I thought you said friction.

Comment

Working...
            X