Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turning off the Shout on forum pages in my settings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning off the Shout on forum pages in my settings?

While I appreciate having the ability to have the shout available without having to go into shout; I find it really annoying to have to scroll every time that I get into a forum page...and even if I click the minus like mj suggested earlier, when I click on another page, the shout reloads and dominates the page...

Is there something that I can do in settings so that the shout is automatically minimized until I tell it to be seen?

Originally posted by saxon View Post
    While I appreciate having the ability to have the shout available without having to go into shout; I find it really annoying to have to scroll every time that I get into a forum page...and even if I click the minus like mj suggested earlier, when I click on another page, the shout reloads and dominates the page...

Is there something that I can do in settings so that the shout is automatically minimized until I tell it to be seen?
    I've been having a similar reaction. There is a little minimize button up the top right but it doesn't seen to stick.

Comment

I thought it was just me. It is driving me crazy. When you click on the little blue button "Go to the first new post", it doesn't anymore. It just takes you to the top of the page the newest shout is on and loads the Shoutbox. You then have to scroll down and look for whatever is new.

I was fine with the Shoutbox opening in another tab. I just had a tab open for Forums and another for Shoutbox when here. Any way we can make that an option?

Comment

I'll have a look through the options later and see if I can fix. Just had breakfast at the zoo and about to go see the animals!

Comment

Another thing that no longer works since the Shoutbox went to the top of the page - the blue button for "Go to last post", on the right hand side of a thread listing. Does the same incorrect thing as the "Go to the first new post" button. Makes site navigation difficult.

abat & Dru - thanks for all the work you guys put into this.

Comment

I can't figure out how to move the shoutbox but when I click the blue button to go to last post it does seem to work. Do you still have issues with this?
            Last edited by abat; 22-Jun-2018, 01:02 PM. Reason: horrible english

Comment

abat, it seems to only work the first time I use it when I log on. It did that this morning when I logged on. From memory, this is what is consistently does now, but I will keep track going forward.

Here are the sequences...
              Open site > click on the Forums tab > scroll down to the General forum and click on it > click on blue First New Post button & it works exactly as it should.

Second sequence, same session...
              Click on Go To Top > Click on the "Home>Forum>Mets Daily" (the words, not the Forum tab) > click on a blue First New Post Button & it does not work. It opens to the page containing the new post, but does not scroll down. It remains at the top of the page, above the Shoutbox, and you have to scroll down through the page. It does this for every succeeding attempt while logged in. I will see if it continues to follow this pattern on my next log in.

Comment

i was ok having the chat box just in the chat tab. Any way to go back to that setting?

Comment

Originally posted by NY FANG View Post
                  i was ok having the chat box just in the chat tab. Any way to go back to that setting?
                  Agree 100%. It was so easy before, just have 2 tabs open. Now it is a pain to navigate through everything.

Comment

I agree with FANG and mjjm. Example of 'less is more' or KISS
                    Last edited by yogi8; 22-Jun-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Dru - any objection to removing the chatbox from the top of all the pages so we go back to the shout tab only?

Comment

Originally posted by abat View Post
                        Dru - any objection to removing the chatbox from the top of all the pages so we go back to the shout tab only?
                        or at least being able to control the size of the chatbox in the forum separately from the size control on the shout tab...

If I shrink it down to 100 on the top of a page, it also shrinks down to 100 in the shout tab...whereas, making the shout tab 400 is nice but way too big for the top of pages...

Right now, I have it a compromised size of "200" on both the shout tab and the top of the pages (with the box to type in, to the left of the shouts)

Comment

for those that don't know what I mean (in regards to size or positioning), here's the link...there a setting for size of shoutbox "detached" but changing that does nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by abat View Post
                            Yes, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So I think editing the main page and deleting the shoutbox module should do it. Any objection Dru?

Comment

Working...
                              X